RENO, Nevada (KOLO) – Mix things up! Try something new! Get out of your comfort zone! Ceviche is a cold salad, almost like coleslaw, that is made with raw fish, other seafood and “cooked” in citrus fruits. Chef Jonathan Chapin of Reno Recipes takes a traditional ceviche with tilapia and shrimp, and adds its own flavorful twist.
- 1 fillet of white fish of your choice (chopped)
- 12 prawns (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeño (diced)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 2 small Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. Chilean olive oil (Big Horn Olive Oil Company)
- Salt and pepper
- Favorite hot sauce
- 2 limes (juice)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 orange (juice)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (chopped)
- 1 small avocado (chopped)
- Mix everything except the avocado together.
- Top with avocado and more cilantro once the seafood is cooked from the citrus!
- Season as desired!
- So !
KOLO Cooks and Reno Recipes would also like to thank Sierra Gold Seafood for meat, Se Eglast for knives, Woodworking Roselee for the beautiful cutting boards, Valentine for the aprons, Rowan Collins for his help behind the scenes, Mermaid Salon and Spa for Jonathan’s beautiful hair and MaZa Salon and Spa to keep him young.
Copyright 2022 KOLO. All rights reserved.