New Delhi: K-drama has become popular around the world during the pandemic lockdown. We often find ourselves craving the delicious Korean dishes that sometimes pop up. A good number of Indians now prefer Korean dishes and a pair of chopsticks and bubbly K-drama on screen. Here is an easy Omurice (Rice Omelette) recipe from Rooftop Prince.
Rooftop Prince – Omurice – Rice Omelette
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 green onion
- Stove oil
- 1 small carrot
- 4 eggs
- 113g of meat of your choice – beef, pork, chicken or prawns
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 servings of cooked rice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the onion, shallot, carrot and meat by finely chopping them
- Pour 2 tablespoons of Tsuru sunflower cooking oil into a large non-stick frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, green onion, carrot and meat to the skillet. Then, sauté until the onion becomes tender and the meat is cooked through. Stir in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the rice. Mix well until the clumped rice is broken up and all the ingredients are well combined. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons of ketchup and season with salt and pepper to taste, and continue to stir until the ketchup is evenly incorporated into the fried rice. Transfer to a plate if using the same pan for the egg.
- Crack and beat 2 eggs in a bowl with a fork. Add a pinch of salt. Heat a small lightly oiled nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir to coat the skillet.
- When the bottom is set but the top is still runny, turn off the heat and add a portion of fried rice in the middle of the egg omelet.
- Using a spatula, fold both sides of the omelet over the rice. Push the whole omurice to the side of the pan.
- Once done, invert it onto a plate if desired. You can also shape the omurice by hand using aluminum foil or a paper towel. Repeat the last 3 steps for another portion.
- Drizzle some ketchup on top and go home!