Is there anything better than being in the pub and realizing they have arancini on the menu? I do not think so.
But what if you’re cozied up at home and craving some cheesy arancini? Well, luckily, it’s actually surprisingly easy to do. Allow us to help you.
Instagram and TikTok account @Everything_Delish’s Jamie Milne shared this delicious baked arancini recipe, and it looks pretty darn simple.
BAKED ARANCINI #recipe #healthy #rice #arancini #tiktokfoodie #airfryer #fy #fyp #voiceover #food #cheese #cheesy #tiktokfood #foodtiktok #cooking
♬ Steven Universe – L. Dre
Jamie shared the full recipe for creating these arancini on Instagram. Thanks Jamie! We’ve also added a tomato dip that you might also like to have with your cheesy rice balls.
Easy baked arancini recipe
What you will need to make baked arancini:
For the arancini
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 block of gruyère or mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 eggs, halved and beaten
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt + pepper
- Cooking spray
For the tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for cooked arancini:
- Bring five cups of chicken broth to a boil. Rinse your rice until the water runs clear and pour it into a saucepan. Slowly add a ladle of hot broth to the rice, stirring until absorbed. Repeat until the rice is fully cooked, but not mushy.
- Put the rice in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Take the rice out of the fridge and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 beaten eggs, salt and pepper, 1/2 cup parmesan and chopped parsley. Mix well.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of the rice mixture and form a ball. Using two fingers, press down in the center and add 1-2 cheese cubes. Pinch the rice around the cheese to enclose.
- Place ball in second egg mixture to coat, followed by flour and breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat until all the rice mixture has been used.
- Spray the arancini balls with cooking spray and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the balls are golden brown.
- While the arancini are in the oven, prepare your sauce by heating the olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté your onion until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, cook until thickened slightly
- Take the arancini out of the oven and season with freshly grated parmesan, salt and pepper and serve with your sauce!
Hot tip: The cheese inside the arancini can be quite hot, so let it cool, especially if you’re serving it to kids!
Raise your hand if you’re going to try this arancini recipe for yourself at home. You all? I thought so.
This article has been updated from its original publication date.